THE real estate industry has been abuzz ever since the new government under Pakatan Harapan took the reigns following the 14th General Election on May 9 last year. As speculations on how the new status quo and government policies might affect the market have essentially settled, the Ministry of Housing and Local Government is already pushing forward its set of goals in keeping its promise to the people.
This promise is listed in its website to enforce its stance. They are:
- Ensure quality housing for all
- Improve accessibility and increase ability to own a home
- Ensure neighbourhood social cohesiveness and well being
- Improve coordination between housing and transport development for a better quality of life
- Strengthening institutional capacity to implement the National Housing Policy (Dasar Perumahan Negara/DRN)
Affordability is the keyword and is expected to remain so for the next 10 years as the government has targeted one million homes to be delivered within this time frame. While the government works to build affordable housing for the B40 group, it is also equally important that their living standards should also be improved, said Housing and Local Government Minister Zuraida Kamaruddin.
Media Title: The Star
Date: 14 Aug, 2019