REHDA Selangor paid a courtesy visit to YB Puan Teo Nie Ching, Deputy Minister of Education on 9 July 2019. Mr. Chan Kheng Fai, Special Functions Officer to Deputy Minister of Education, also joined the meeting. The objective of the visit is to discuss the school provisions in the township development.
Amongst the discussions were:
- Exchanging views and concerns on the undeveloped school land.
- REHDA Selangor shared the findings on the Planning Standards for Township Amenities on School Provision.
- Proposals to expedite building of schools especially in the critical areas, including:
- Developer to assist MOE building schools and be exempted from surrendering a specific school land.
- MOF to dispose school land that is no longer needed and to obtain the proceeds’ to build school.
- First Right of Refusal to be given to the original proprietor before the land is open for tender.
YB. Teo took note on the concerns/proposals and informed that MOE is aware of the issues and further shared that MOE is open to suggestions, which can assist the Ministry to build schools especially in the critical areas.