REHDA Selangor organized a half-day dialogue session on Issues & Concerns Relating to the Planning Policies, Guidelines and Standards in Selangor on Friday, 6 July 2018 at 9.00am at Wisma REHDA.
The session discussed the following 6 topics: –
- Provision of amenities to Township – particular focus on provision criteria on school and medical facilities.
- Charges and Contribution – particular focus on Development Charge.
- Non-utilization of reserve land surrendered – for eg. a study of the vacant school land reserve.
- Integrated Mixed Commercial Development – recent issue include the 30% retail requirement for serviced apartment.
- Residential Development – focus is on the intensity control (density and plot ratio) of residential development.
- Rumah Selangorku – policy and sales mechanism.
The Malaysian Institute of Planners (MIP) and REHDA Selangor have agreed to form a task force with sub-focus group to deliver a joint position paper on 5 out of the 6 topics listed above. The joint task force with MIP will bring together a much stronger voice to our government to lobby for policy improvement.