REHDA Selangor paid a virtual courtesy call on the Yang Dipertua of Majlis Perbandaran Kuala Selangor (MPKS), YBhg. Puan Rahilah binti Rahmat on 3 March 2022. The visit was jointly led by Datuk Zaini bin Yusoff, the Deputy Chairman of REHDA Selangor and Mr Denn Gan, the Chairman for Klang/Shah Alam Zone. They were joined by zone committee members; Mr Loo Chee Yang, Mr Kenny Lim, Mr Siew Chee Seng and En. Muhammad Arif Saleh bin Ab. Rahim. Among the issues discussed were:
- MPKS shared the vision to improve the status of Kuala Selangor since it became a town council. The activities included encouraging more domestic tourists in Kuala Selangor and implementing environmentally friendly programs.
- MPKS has focused its rehabilitation efforts on MPKS’s tourism attractions such as the Kg Kuantan Firefly Sanctuary and Bukit Melawati tram with the assistance of LBS Foundation, TNB and the local community. MPKS also invited property developers to assist with their efforts by promoting tourism packages along with property sales packages and corporate social responsibility via supporting the local community by organising trips or company retreats.
- Jabatan Perancangan dan Pembangunan MPKS shared the details of land use changes under the Draf Rancangan Tempatan (RT) (Pengubahan 2) 2035 with REHDA Selangor.
- REHDA Selangor sought consideration of MPKS to accept only soft copies for online submission. MPKS informed that the current requirement where developers only need to submit 2 complete hard copies to the OSC counter is minimal.
- Regarding the payment method, MPKS informed that currently all processing fees can be made online except development charges and Improvement Service Fund (ISF). The OSC 3.0 system has also been upgraded allowing developers to make payment when previously only consultants could do so.
The courtesy visit ended with both MPKS and REHDA Selangor agreeing to work closely and sharing of information to enhance the cooperation and improve development in Kuala Selangor for a better future.