A courtesy call was organised on YB Ng Sze Han, Selangor State Executive Councillor for Local Government, Public Transport and New Village Development at his office in Bangunan SSAAS, Shah Alam on 22 September 2020 at 3 pm. The visit was led by Datuk Ho Hon Sang joined by Dato’ Khor Chap Jen, Mr Loo Chee Yang, Datuk Tan Hon Lim and Ms Khamini Loganathan. Among the issues raised during the discussion were:-
- High hoarding fee.
- Non-standardisation of planning submission approval. By local authority.
- Imposition of Low-cost shop & factory under Selangor Planning Guideline Manual.
- COB to accept bank guarantee (BG) for the deposit for defects on common property.
- JPBD guideline version 4 draft.
- Over provision of schools in a township development – the current planning guideline does not reflect the actual needs of the school.
- Further study required on Transit Oriented Development (TOD) guideline.
YB Ng requested REHDA Selangor to put all the concerns raised in writing and the issues will be brought up at the next meeting with the local councils.