REHDA Selangor paid a courtesy call on the Deputy Director of Plan Malaysia @ Selangor, Tuan Khairulzaman Ibrahim on 22 March 2018 at the Bangunan Darul Ehsan, Shah Alam. The objective of the visit was to establish closer rapport and cooperation. The visit was led by En Zulkifly Garib joined by Mr Loo Chee Yang, Mr James Tan, Dato’ Tan Hon Lim, Dato’ Kenneth Chen and Ms Khamini Loganathan. Among the issues discussed are the rejected proposals submitted relating to the requirements found in the JPBD Guideline Manual 3rd Edition : –
- To remove the minimum floor area for free market units.
- To consider removing 20% additional visitors car park for commercial buildings.
- Not to impose 30% retail requirement for SOHO & Serviced Apartments.
- To encourage higher densities for residential development.
- To indicate the household size in the manual guideline and update the requirement of community facilitates like schools and clinics due to reduced household size.