The first virtual briefing on ‘Understanding Your Rights as a Developer on Defect Liability’ was successfully organized on 22 April 2021 on zoom from 10.00 am to 12.00 pm. The event was well participated by 364 participants. The objective of the webinar is to enlighten members on:
- Their rights in Defect Liability from a Housing Development (Control & Licensing) Act 1966’s perspective,
- Sharing of recent case law developments and the common issues and ways to mitigate,
- Developers’ recourse against the contractor on the defective work
- Identify defect complaint management procedures.
Among the representatives involved were as follows:
- Speakers & Panellists:
- Ar. David Cheah, DCDA & Associates
- Ir. Kok Yen Kwan, NK Engineers Sdn Bhd
- Ms Lim Jus Tine, Halim Hong & Quek
- Ms Lynn Foo, Harold & Lam Partnership
- Hosts & Moderators:
- Datuk Charlie Chia
- James Tan Kok Kiat
Check out the event survey results by clicking HERE.